July 9, 2013 Leaving on a Jet Plane…

And arriving on time, in one piece, although with a searched bag.  Sigh, I suppose it’s one of the risks of traveling with a fan, music stand, flute stand, etc.  Either way, I am at ARIA Session III, sleepy, but ready to get to work! :o)  Tomorrow starts the first day of classes and lessons.  It looks to be rather hectic, but that’s okay.  I’m ready for it!  It’s not as if today was exactly laid back!

First things first I got up at 5:15am to catch a 9:00am flight.  Then it was time to drive to the airport, so Dad and I hopped in the car and enjoyed a light traffic version of the commute to the airport.  Got to the airport and the line was insane!  I wouldn’t have expected such a long line at 7:00am!  Either way, I figure I got the better deal than my friend who wound up with 3 flight delays before 7:00am CST!!!!  (She did get here though!)  After getting through security and buying a couple bottles of tea I headed off to the gate and waited to board the plane.

During my wait time I met two other Aria campers.  One, a violinist, the other, a flutist like myself.  Let’s make things funnier by adding that she and I study with the same teacher back home.  We sat in our own row on the plane and chatted on the way to Connecticut.  The flight was uneventful and we arrived in Hartford/Springfield with tails, wheels, and all other parts of the plane in tact (thank goodness!)

Got to Mt. Holyoke fine and dandy, checked in and got our schedules and room assignments.  Guess who’s on the fourth floor again this year!  (Hi!)  So far it’s not so bad.  This year I have two fans making a cross breeze which helps a lot!  So I moved into my dorm room, rearranged some furniture so I would survive the week, because somehow having the beds pinned in a corner just didn’t seem logical.

After furniture shifting and basic unpacking I took a few pictures (to follow after the orientation meeting), practiced a little bit, figured out my schedule for the next ten days, which is busy, and relaxed.  I messed around on the computer, read my book and had a pretty easy late afternoon/early evening.  In about ten minutes I have to head off to the orientation meeting, which shouldn’t prove to be anything too terribly exciting, so excluding any exploding thunderheads I will try and post some pictures before I crash tonight and I’ll give you a full update (half-marathon training and all) tomorrow evening.

With all the flying discussions I leave you with this tidbit, though I didn’t fly United.  An oldie, but a goodie:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YGc4zOqozo


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s